- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Leader’s Guide to Developing People
Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
Learning Leaders Winter Forum 2022 - March 16, 2022
Learning Strategy Consultant/Founder
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
Effectively developing people requires a variety of tactics and skills. Many managers rely heavily on formal development programs, lacking an in-depth understanding of the ways they themselves can play a critical role.
This interactive session explores a framework describing six modes of engagement and the management actions and behaviors that comprise them. Managers should clarify, coach, challenge, connect, curate, and customize. Using research on cultivating learning culture, scaffolding self-directed learning, and coaching, we will dig into the ways that effective managers ensure that employees continuously strengthen their skillsets and build capabilities needed for the future. The framework can help you encourage effective manager-led development activities; it may also be a useful guide for developmental interactions with direct reports.
In this session, you will learn:
- A research-based framework for manager-led development
- Six critical modes of engagement, along with associated actions, that managers can use to develop employees
- The characteristics and skills of an exemplary developmental manager
Handouts are available for Learning Guild Learning Leaders Alliance members. Please log in or join with a Learning Leaders Alliance membership to download these files.
This video is available for Learning Guild Learning Leaders Alliance members. Please log in or join with a Learning Leaders Alliance membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
- LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III (ONBOARDING AND TALENT D
Los Angeles, California
- Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA