For years, Jane Bozarth has regularly published a “Nuts & Bolts” column in Learning Solutions, where she highlighted quick tips and practical how-tos for instructional designers. Over the past year, changes within the industry have generated renewed interest in topics like virtual classrooms and online training.
Filled with rich content, The Nuts & Bolts of Instructional Design: A Beginner’s Toolkit is the perfect resource to have handy when jumping into the world of instructional design. Included is a robust compilation of past “Nuts & Bolts” columns, updated to reflect on the struggles modern designers face and the solutions they use to conquer them. Created to be an easily-accessible resource for anyone interested in instructional design, this eBook dives into each step the ADDIE project planning model, and covers tips for:
- Analyzing what your learners need
- Designing virtual solutions, assessments, and learning experiences
- Developing instructional strategies, useful interactions, and strong learning communities
- Implementing necessary materials for useful and engaging interactions
- Evaluating common design metrics like learner performance and feedback