- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Enterprise Social Networks to Create a Virtual Learning Environment
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - February 26, 2015
VP Emerging Learning Technology and Tools
Today’s employees need to use different types of tools and they must learn how to assimilate and perform their job with limited training time and support. By using a social-networking site as a virtual-learning environment (VLE), learners can interact with experienced employees, learn how to properly use the company’s internal social network, and effectively navigate through systems and repositories.
In this session, you will explore how to use an enterprise social-networking site to create a well-designed VLE that will enhance the traditional corporate classroom and the learning experience. To increase performance outcomes, you will learn the key principles that support social and informal learning using a VLE, and how to encourage participation, collaboration, and engagement using a classroom VLE. You will leave this session understanding how a VLE can enhance participant performance, engagement, and the learning experience, and reduce learners’ time to proficiency.
- Ways to incorporate social approaches that support learning and performance outcomes
- How use Web 2.0 technology to encourage participation, collaboration, and engagement
- How to enhance formal content by using a virtual learning environment
- The advantages of social capabilities within the physical or virtual classroom
- How to build a virtual learning environment using a social platform
Novice and intermediate designers, managers, training managers, and facilitators.
Back to Library