- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning Alchemy: Blending the Best of Mobile and ILT
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - September 19, 2014
Senior Learning & Development Specialist
Many believe the only training options are either instructor led training (ILT) or eLearning. Blended learning uses both to enhance learning retention and learner impact. Blended Learning can be more than just an industry buzzword. Using on-line content to supplement ILT courses rather than attempting to replace them optimizes resources and learner impact. It can save time and money for a training department. It can increase learning retention for the learner, and generally make the training more “social” and engaging.
Participants in this session will learn about the many low-cost or even free LMS tools that you can use to stretch the training dollar. You’ll learn how to use online, mobile, or streaming content to increase learning retention (and eventual ROI) of instructor-led material.
In this session, you will learn:
- The four best practices in utilizing blended learning
- The opportunities and challenges of implementing blended learning
- The steps to take for adding mobile content to existing ILT
- The pros and cons of implementing blended learning
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers with basic understanding of ILT and eLearning.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer
- Instructional Design Specialist
New York, NY