- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Whose Course Is This Anyway?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - July 17, 2014
Senior Instructional Designer
Are you an instructional designer? What does that really mean in the technological world? Has the role changed? Is it easier, or is it actually a bigger task than most realize? This opening session will compare the ID of old with the ID of new. Is the instructional designer driving the content or does what our LMS and authoring software currently let us do rule us? Is the tail wagging the dog?
Session participants will dive into the instructional-designer role, learn the new rules, and what new technological methods you need to understand to hold what was once a very coveted position. You’ll learn what you need to do to keep on top, to still create world-class learning, and how technology is our friend, not our master.
In this session, you will learn:
- A model for activity-based learning
- A process of design that goes far deeper than ADDIE (a project-management tool)
- A 10,000-foot view of assessment, and what assessments are doing in our learning
- The students’ needs and expectations
- How technology, enhanced with great design, is the trainer’s trump card in performance improvement
All levels of designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, and anyone with an interest in learning design. No specific prior knowledge required.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects
- Instructional Designer
Fairfield, CA, United States
- Instructional Design Advisor - Remote
Remote or California