Are you an instructional designer? What does that really mean in the technological world? Has the role changed? Is it easier, or is it actually a bigger task than most realize? This opening session will compare the ID of old with the ID of new. Is the instructional designer driving the content or does what our LMS and authoring software currently let us do rule us? Is the tail wagging the dog?
Session participants will dive into the instructional-designer role, learn the new rules, and what new technological methods you need to understand to hold what was once a very coveted position. You’ll learn what you need to do to keep on top, to still create world-class learning, and how technology is our friend, not our master.
In this session, you will learn:
- A model for activity-based learning
- A process of design that goes far deeper than ADDIE (a project-management tool)
- A 10,000-foot view of assessment, and what assessments are doing in our learning
- The students’ needs and expectations
- How technology, enhanced with great design, is the trainer’s trump card in performance improvement
All levels of designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, and anyone with an interest in learning design. No specific prior knowledge required.
You do not have access to these handouts. Please log in or join with a free membership to view these handouts.Log In Join
You do not have access to this recording. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this recording.Log In Join