- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Secrets to Effective Serious Games and Gamification Approaches
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Designing Digitally, Inc.
Many eLearning professionals are attempting to use gamification and serious games to spark employee engagement and drive learning retention; it seems everyone is working to make the best serious game that will enhance learning objectives and retention. The biggest setbacks for some have been little-to-no planning, tough-to-pinpoint metrics, little-to-no implementation strategy, and insufficient or nonexistent post-deployment support.
In this session, you will learn about planning, developing, implementing, and supporting serious games for companies that have never gone down the route of serious games and gamified learning experiences. You will learn what makes a serious game a success or a failure. This session will also address the proper steps to take throughout each phase of a project to ensure success and also the pain points you will have to deal with when going down the route of gamification and serious games. You will walk away with best practices, what not to do, and how to support serious games at their organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- The best practices to ensure a successful serious game implementation
- The first steps of getting into the realm of serious games
- The best practices taken by other organizations in regards to phases of the effort
- What not to do and how to support serious games at their organization
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island