COVID saw a rapid shift into virtual training and along with it the need to train trainers, teachers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and others in use of the virtual classroom. In reviewing data from our own COVID-era research, many of those SMEs who were shifted to, or conscripted for, teaching duties—both virtual and face-to-face (F2F)—said they felt their preparation to deliver instruction was lacking.
In this research report, Train-the-Trainer: Evidence-based Practices, Jane Bozarth reviews why you should invest in train-the-trainer efforts, overviews several actionable T3 courses, and provides tips for “selling” the idea of investing in extended training to management. The report includes information on:
- Developing a basic understanding of adult learning principles
- More skill at running activities like simulations and small group activities
- Managing challenging situations
- Enhancing their presentation skills
- Developing skills for asking questions
- Facilitating discussion and giving feedback
- Using materials like video as instructional assets
Whether you are being trained or doing the training, it is inevitable that you will experience training in your career, regardless of your role. Download this report and learn evidence-based practices that you can use for your own train-the-trainer efforts.
Not a member of The Learning Guild? Sign up today for free to gain access to this report, as well as hundreds of other Guild publications.