- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
So You Think You Know What's Happening with Social Learning?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - October 7, 2011
Director of Research
The Learning Guild
In the last few years, we have seen many exciting new products and tools appear in the learning field, especially in social media. We’ve also seen renewed interest in social and informal workplace learning. These changes have brought excitement, but also confusion, the temptation to rush to implement without much of a plan, and considerable tangling of terms.
Participants in this session will start with an overview of The eLearning Guild’s new research report, Social Media for Learning. What are organizations doing with social learning now? What are their plans for the future? What do Guild members offer as examples of good solutions and lessons learned? You’ll then examine social-learning challenges for the future and discuss ideas for developing a sound strategy for social-learning success.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between social learning and social media for learning
- The most common uses of social media for learning
- Myth vs. fact about employee access to technology, and what we know about informal learning
- The most pressing challenges facing learning and development as we move toward more social approaches
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island