Is informal learning the future of workplace learning? How much do you already know about informal learning, and how prepared are you to leverage that knowledge and experience in your organization?
Participants in this session will find out what they know by taking the Informal Learning Challenge. Based on evidence from research, you’ll explore your understanding of basic terminology, informal-learning processes, the “touch points” during which informal learning might work (and when it won’t), informal-learning technologies, the various forms of informal learning, and methodologies for evaluating informal learning. You’ll complete this session with frameworks for approaching informal learning and for developing your informal-learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to distinguish informal learning from formal, self-directed, non-formal, and incidental learning
- About a framework for integrating informal learning into a broader talent-development effort
- About at least two performance principles to consider when choosing whether to use formal or informal learning
- About at least five non-instructional resources you can provide to promote informal learning in your organization
- About at least three uses of technology to support informal-learning efforts
You do not have access to these handouts. Please log in or join with an Online Conference subscription to view these handouts.Log In Join
You do not have access to this recording. Please log in or join with an Online Conference subscription to view this recording.Log In Join