- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Start with Storytelling
Online Events Archive
eLearning Foundations Spotlight 2018 - December 12, 2018
You want to engage your learners. You've heard that storytelling is good for that, but you don't know where to begin. And while business is speeding along at warp speed, the last thing you have time for is writing a story for training. But what if there was a method for story writing? What if you could create a story that resonated with your audience and trained them more effectively? You can. And the method is called story design.
Story design provides the structure and tools to help people who design eLearning get up on their storytelling feet quickly. In this session, you’ll follow the story of an instructional designer who is tasked with developing a course. You’ll follow his journey from stakeholder and SME conversations to developing an eLearning course. You’ll keep an eye out for ways to help him discover material for storytelling. You’ll share your insights during the webinar and witness how story design changes everything for his audience. Storytelling is a competency you can, and need to, master. This session will get you started.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to ask the right questions of stakeholders and SMEs that will unearth stories for training
- The foundations for character creation
- To develop conflict, using an action list as your source
- Techniques for continuing the story throughout the course
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects