- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Elements of Instructional Interactivity: Designing eLearning that Makes a Difference
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2016 - January 21, 2016
Chief Instructional Strategist
Interactivity is at the core of almost any eLearning effort. Unfortunately, a great deal of interactive eLearning fails to teach. Learners feel punished by the tedious nature of typical testing and knowledge-check interactions, inflexible page-turning and navigation, and superfluous interactive media. Instructional designers often struggle with how to break out of traditional questioning models and create engaging, instructional interactions that offer some immediate assistance for learning and long-term benefit for performance.
This session will provide you a design model based on solid principles of learning, perception, and motivation for creating instructional interactions that transform the learning process. Incorporating lessons from successful game design, information processing, and active learning, this model for eLearning interactions is applicable to all levels of interactivity and complexity of tools. This session will illustrate this model with brief demonstrations of actual eLearning modules in use by national companies.
In this session, you will learn:
- The four components necessary for effective instructional interactions
- Creative approaches to engage the learner in content-rich interactions
- Design elements from effective gaming that you can incorporate into any eLearning interaction
Novice to advanced designers, managers, and other decision makers. Familiarity with common eLearning models and approaches is helpful.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA