- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Gamification in Learning Report Card: Lessons Learned in the Trenches
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - December 17, 2015
There’s an abundance of published information on using gamification in corporate learning environments, and many organizations now believe that gamification can add significant value to their learning initiatives. But despite being a promising trend in learning, many gamification-for-learning implementations could be falling short of their promise. In 2012, Gartner Research predicted that by 2014, 80 percent of gamified applications would fail to meet business objectives, primarily due to poor design. The challenge has been that hard data regarding the effectiveness of specific gamification elements has been scarce. Until now.
In this session, you will learn how every day, hundreds of thousands of employees from world-class organizations such as Walmart, Toys “R” Us, and Johnson & Johnson interact with gamification elements, generating more than 50 million discrete interactions per year. You’ll explore how the learning results compare against corporate key-performance indicators, and you will gain an understanding of the value of gamification and what key elements make gamification in learning so successful.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why gamification has become a trend in learning
- What three key components you must embed in a learning game to make it popular with learners, and why
- Why game play variety is critical
- What key element drives competition and community
- What kinds of rewards are key to participation
- Why learners want to review their own report cards, and how many of them are doing it
- How people use social connectivity in learning, and what is driving it
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner