- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Microlearning: Fab or Fad?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - December 16, 2015
Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation
Microlearning has become a strong trend in learning because it fits modern workstyles, can be used with mobile to support performance when and where needed, and can be quick and easy to manage and produce. Microlearning video is part of that trend, leveraging high-speed bandwidth, and appealing especially to younger workers. Modern organizations need to understand microlearning and effectively integrate it with other approaches to organizational learning. The problem is that organizations haven’t really figured out how to routinely produce and then scale production of short-form video in the workplace to offer employees the range of educational products they need to fill performance and knowledge needs.
In this session, you will explore the strengths and challenges of the microlearning video format by analyzing a number of examples and identifying the underlying technologies used to produce each. You’ll also look at how you can assemble microlearning videos into a larger whole, and discuss ways to incrementally produce these videos to get feedback along the way. You’ll then brainstorm ways to scale production by empowering workers throughout the enterprise to contribute to the process. This session will feature videos produced for The eLearning Guild’s Learning Exchange.
In this session, you will learn:
- What microlearning is and how it can benefit your organization
- Why microlearning video is trending
- How to design eLearning programs composed of small microlearning components
- How to blend proprietary microlearning products with publicly available content for maximum impact
- Ways to scale microlearning by leveraging contributions from all employees
Novice to advanced designers, project managers, managers, and directors who are familiar with workplace learning design and the challenges of engaging employees in training.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island