- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Lights, Camera, Camtasia!
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - January 23, 2014
Instructional Designer/E-learning Developer
Creating and using “screencasts” to show complex concepts is a common technique in eLearning. With just a little bit of knowledge, you can use a tool such as TechSmith’s Camtasia to record what’s happening on a computer screen, including keystrokes, mouse movements, and narration, and then deliver or embed those recordings as standard video files to both desktop computers and mobile devices.
While this session cannot show you everything Camtasia can do, participants will examine some of the best uses of Camtasia for eLearning. You’ll discuss the tool’s strengths and weaknesses, explore a framework for developing your own screencasts, and learn the basic steps for recording, editing, and producing.
In this session, you will learn:
- Ways you can use screencasts for eLearning
- About Camtasia features that support eLearning
- How to begin creating your own screencasts
- How to optionally publish your screencasts to Screencast.com or to YouTube
Instructional designers/e-learning developers, trainers, and managers.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer