- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Publishing HTML5 and YouTube Movies with Adobe Captivate
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - January 25, 2013
Apple seems to be winning the battle against the Flash file format, the default export format for Adobe Captivate. But Captivate 6 has HTML5 export functionality built right in, enabling you to deliver training viewable on the millions of Apple devices in use today. You can also export Captivate movies to YouTube! When exporting Captivate to HTML5 or YouTube, what Captivate functionalities will be problematic? How can you estimate the amount of extra work for the conversion?
Participants in this session will discover what to watch out for and how to make decisions around publishing Captivate content to HTML5 and YouTube. You’ll learn the parts of the HTML5 specification you might want to better understand in order to tweak the HTML5 that Captivate produces. You’ll also explore how you can augment the HTML5 files that Captivate produces with files you create; in this session, we’ll use Adobe Dreamweaver to create, inspect, and modify the HTML and CSS files produced by Captivate.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which Captivate features will successfully export to HTML5
- How to use and interpret the Captivate HTML5 Tracker
- How to add your own files to the HTML5 files that Captivate produces
- Which Captivate features will successfully export to YouTube movies
- How to export and upload a YouTube movie from Captivate
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer - Contractor To Hire - New Jersey
- Instructional Designer -Accion
- eLearning Developer
Chevy Chase, MD
- Instructional Designer, GROW
Rockville, MD and Washington, DC (Split)