- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Advantages of MOOCs for an International Learning Audience
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - May 18, 2012
Inge de Waard
AI & Education Strategist
Training needs to happen across space and time, while using tools that embrace dialogue and discussion to enhance understanding. Training also needs to be able to reach out to learners in various locations (sometimes across the globe) and at a low cost. A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) allows knowledge creation thanks to the expertise already resident in peers — and can include expert views in the discussions as well. The format of a MOOC is an answer to making transparent expertise that’s already available in your organization, and to building on that expertise to strengthen your learner target group.
Participants in this session will focus on each distinct part of the MOOC development process and will review a variety of useful tools. You’ll look at MOOC examples to get a more in-depth idea of MOOC dynamics. While setting up a MOOC takes precise planning, after this session, once you have identified your necessary learning affordances and relevant social media tools, you can have a MOOC up and running in very little time.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to set up a low-cost learning environment
- How to select learning tools that enhance knowledge creation for your specific learning group
- How to stay on top of the information flow resulting from a MOOC
- Strategies to keep learners motivated
- How to define the different roles of people engaged in a MOOC
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer - Contractor To Hire - New Jersey
- Instructional Designer -Accion
- eLearning Developer
Chevy Chase, MD
- Instructional Designer, GROW
Rockville, MD and Washington, DC (Split)
- Academia - Instructional Designer