- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Get This Online for Me Now! Transforming F2F Content to eLearning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - April 20, 2012
Florida Virtual School
As instructional designers, people sometimes come to us with existing learning content. Maybe they used the content in the classroom. Maybe the content is in a technical manual or a workbook. In any case, they “just” want you to put it online. It should be easy, right? Not quite. Content from a physical book or manual isn’t always ready to be published and read online as-is. Online, more is not always better. Online, you shouldn’t use $10 words when a 99-cent words say the same thing. Effective content for online use is different than effective content for a F2F classroom.
Participants in this session will see how to adapt face-to-face (F2F) classroom content for online use, and how to effectively communicate the need for this adaptation to subject-matter experts (SMEs) through the use of a provided checklist. You’ll learn how to improve the organization, visual appeal, and clarity of eLearning content, and how to help ensure that your audience can find the content they need, understand that content, and use the content they find to meet their learning needs.
In this session, you will learn:
- Guidelines for writing content for online use
- About using the Plain Language Movement to makes your online courses more usable
- How to omit information your audience doesn’t need
- How to spot and eliminate unnecessary words
- How to communicate effectively with SMEs
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director, Learning Lab
- Public Education Program Developer
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands