- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Personalized Electronic Performance Support System Using LCMS and Metadata
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - April 19, 2012
AAA Insurance Exchange
AAA Insurance Exchange
As organizations seek to reduce budgets and target process and performance efficiencies, expectations of employees’ workloads seemingly increase while intellectual capital is lost as headcount reductions become the norm. We need an approach that enables training organizations and business information owners — despite increased workloads and reduced headcounts — to keep up with the ever-changing business environment and to effectively capture and increase business knowledge and data.
Participants in this session will learn about a new, highly efficient workflow for business-information creation and maintenance for an Electronic Performance Support System (EPSS). This workflow leverages metadata-driven content aggregation in a learning content management system (LCMS), dynamic delivery enabled by the Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC) standard, and a seamless user experience using single sign-on (SSO). This metadata-driven technology delivers customized informal learning and formalized training, in multiple modalities, for different functional roles, the products an employee handles, and an employee’s physical location. Finally, you’ll see a working example of output from this workflow and technology: multi-modal content delivered via EPSS, instructor-led training (ILT), virtual ILT (vILT), eLearning, and just-in-time (JIT) content consumption.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design a knowledge repository to deliver personalized information
- How to structure knowledge to deploy multi-modal, multi-channel deliverables
- How to develop metadata schemas for personalized information delivery
- How to collaborate with Business Information Owners (BIOs) for information creation and maintenance
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
King of Prussia, PA
- eLearning & Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist Wanted
Denver, Colorado, USA
- Instructional Designer - Writer
los angeles, ca
- Consultant Sales/Learning Development
Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Learning Experience/Instructional Designer
Long Beach, CA