- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Facing off with Facebook: CMS to LCMS
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - May 12, 2011
Chief Learning Evangelist
Facebook has more than 500 million members. Chances are, your learners are members, too. They are familiar with Facebook navigation and, in some cases, might even be Facebook addicts. Facebook offers a great opportunity to train an organization’s employees, customers, and vendors using a familiar tool that fosters social engagement and supports a wonderful learning dynamic. But an organization’s fear of social media and associated governance often eliminates Facebook as an acceptable training tool.
Participants in this session will learn how to overcome organizational fear of Facebook and see how a design process with Facebook at its center can provide your organization with a free and useful learning tool. You will see by example how you can convert Facebook from a content management system (CMS) to a learning content management system (LCMS), and you will leave the session with a working blueprint you can take back to your organization and quickly place learning content online. This blueprint will show you how to follow the process for free (a word that will attract any CLO or CFO), and will help you overcome obstacles around budgets and reach.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify uses for iFrames on Facebook
- How to use Fan Page options to convert from Facebook from a CMS to an LCMS
- How to merge other applications to aggregate learning content into your Facebook LCMS
- How to create Facebook quizzes and forms as part of a learning database
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island