- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
One Size Won't Fit All: Using xAPI to Personalize Content to the Learner
Online Events Archive
Pushing the eLearning Envelope Online Conference 2021 - June 10, 2021
DevLearn Program Manager
The Learning Guild / Learning Dojo
Learning seems so one-sided. In most cases eLearning pushes the same content to everyone, without considering what they already know or have already done. But what if we could change that? What if we could adapt the course based on what the learner already knows and has already done in whatever authoring tool you may be using?
In this session, you'll explore ways to adapt, personalize, and change the content of your course to the specific learner using xAPI. With xAPI, we can not only track what the learner is doing but also read what they've already done. Once we have that information, we can take them down different paths, alter what they see, and make things more relevant. We'll talk about how to design and develop these adaptive courses. We'll also look at how to pull the data back into your course from previous learning experiences and use that throughout your course. You'll leave this session with examples and methods for how to adapt your courses regardless of the authoring tool you use.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to pull data from an LRS
- How to update course variables within Storyline or Captivate courses
- How to capture the actor taking the course
- How to target what data you want to know about the learner
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This video is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States