- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Strategies for Making Dry Content Come Alive
Online Events Archive
Designing for Engagement Spotlight 2018 - January 31, 2018
Artisan E-Learning and E-Learning Uncovered
Compliance. Policies and procedures. Technical specs. Sound like fun courses to develop? Imagine how excited your learners will be! Dry, boring content can be the bane of an instructional designer’s existence. It’s tough to resist the urge to just throw your hands up and say, “Well, it’s dry content—there’s not much I can do with it.” Dry content doesn’t let you off the hook; it means you need to step up your game!
In this session, you’ll take a closer look at six specific strategies to help convert dry content into more engaging courses. You’ll see examples of makeovers that go from tedious to tolerable, to helpful, all the way to (ideally) engaging. This involves more than just slapping some fancy graphics on them. You’ll learn to dig deep into the content to find out why this information matters, and present it to your audience in a way that speaks to them.
In this session, you will learn:
- To do no harm—making sure your efforts aren’t making a dry subject worse
- To take advantage of what already exists—helping you keep dry courses shorter
- To dig deeper into content—letting you tap into the well of potentially interesting information beneath the surface
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA