- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Applying Endowed Progress to Your Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2016 - January 21, 2016
Senior eLearning Specialist
Online and mobile learning have a number of challenges. How do you get learners to act and be more engaged? The learning environment isn’t always the most pleasant. Motivation can be a big issue. Professional designers and developers are constantly looking for better ways to improve the learning experience.
In this session, we will look at using a psychology method called Endowed Progress to not only get users more engaged in their learning, but maybe even thankful for it. We will review a number of techniques that have been successful in other areas and look at how you can apply these strategies to your learning projects. We will also look at how you can use the Zeigarnik Effect to help with learning retention. You will leave this session knowing what Endowed Progress is and with some ideas on how you can implement Endowed Progress in your learning projects. This will make the learning you produce more fun, engaging, and memorable.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition of Endowed Progress
- How to apply presented Endowed Progress strategies to learning courses
- How to create new Endowed Progress strategies that enhance learning and retention
- The definition of the Zeigarnik Effect
- How to create strategies that enforce the Zeigarnik Effect
Novice to advanced. No special knowledge required.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA