- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Money and Data: How Financials Drive the Need for Learning Analytics
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - October 28, 2015
Learning Systems Strategist
Blank Page Learning
Learning and development (L&D) departments frequently ask for ongoing or increased funding. In return, they generally provide learning data in the form of reports from the learning management system (LMS). But there’s a frequent disconnect. If L&D departments don’t understand why they received their funding, and if they don’t know what problems their organizations’ sponsors want to solve with the data, then they aren’t able to make effective decisions about what data to collect, analyze, and provide.
Participants in this session will explore the connections between the business value L&D sponsors are trying to create and the data analysis these sponsors need to demonstrate success. This will help you better understand the relationship between the money your department receives and the learning data your sponsor needs, and expects, in return. With this understanding, you’ll be better able to make informed decisions around deploying resources for learning analytics, and to demonstrate how your investments in the collection and analysis of learning data will provide value for your sponsors.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the development of individuals leads to an increased value of the organization
- Why there is so much focus on participation data (learning-management-system completions)
- What L&D sponsors are really looking for from learning data
- How complexity multiplies the cost of collecting and analyzing learning data
- New ways to think about capturing learning data to provide business value
Novice to intermediate project managers, managers, directors, and VPs.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA