- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
eLearning Development for Limited Speakers of English
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - November 14, 2014
Zip Ed Tech
This session describes a method for delivering effective eLearning to learners with limited English-language skills. The method emphasizes the use of effective visual metaphors and limits the use of on-screen text. Using this method, learners with limited English skills can be fully trained without the need for translation or additional training resources.
Using real examples from eLearning created and delivered to employees in the retail industry, participants will see a breakdown of the approach and process used to create the examples. By observing the demonstrated process, you’ll learn how you can solve similar training problems simply and efficiently. You’ll walk step-by-step through the creation process used for each of the presented examples, which will give you a new and practical approach to the design of eLearning for learners with limited English skills. In addition, you can use this creation process to increase the quality and efficiency of development for all future eLearning projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to define training topics effectively for limited-English speakers
- How to use visual metaphors effectively in eLearning
- How to display graphics effectively on a mobile device
- How HTML5 delivers Flash content to an iOS or Android device
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and others such as teachers. You’ll benefit most from this session if you have created at least one training course for employees using a standard instructional design method.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner