mLearning is a current topic of discussion in most training and development (T&D) organizations, and many organizations are moving towards pilot projects or full-scale mLearning implementations. At the same time, mobile technologies keep changing. What can we expect from mobile learning and technologies in the next 10 years, how will this impact enterprise T&D, and how can learning professionals keep up?
Participants in this session will join Gary as he predicts the future using new techniques of “predictive analytics” to forecast the impact of mLearning on enterprise-level organizations. You’ll learn about some of his methods for tracking and predicting what is coming next. You’ll explore topics such as “big data”, the rise and unexpected uses of geo-spatial data, the use of sensors to track learner behaviors and progress, the move away from learning as memorization and towards performance support using multiple forms of learning, the disappearance of tablets as a category of mobile devices, new methods of interacting with mobile devices, the implications of ubiquitous mLearning, and the embodiment of learning as mobile computing becomes more tightly integrated with the human body.
In this session, you will learn:
- About some of the changes in T&D caused by the rise of mobile learning, big data, and ubiquitous computing
- How to locate and track information for forecasting the near future of an emerging technology such as mobile
- How mobile devices will more tightly integrate with the human body
- Why learning will become much more active using mobile devices
- What T&D will look like in 5 – 10 years
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.Log In Join
This recording are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.Log In Join