- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Social Learning: What’s the Worth?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - August 16, 2013
Director of Research
The Learning Guild
For years, learning professionals have talked about measuring “learning” in terms of things we can count. But the serendipity and informality of social and collaborative learning presents new challenges: How do you measure the value of conversation, connections, community, and networking?
Participants in this session will examine why people participate socially, what learning opportunities that participation can bring, and how we can better assess the outcomes of social and collaborative learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- A framework for assessing the value of social interactions
- Ways to surface social learning and make it less opaque
- How to identify potential sources of data for measuring social-learning outcomes
- Strategies for helping workers be more mindful of their own social learning and its results
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director, Learning Lab
- Public Education Program Developer
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands