- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Is All Learning Social?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - August 15, 2013
Chief Executive Officer
Social learning as a theme has gained popularity in the last few years, but many learning professionals readily recognize that “social” and “learning” have been moving hand-in-hand since time immemorial. Does this mean all learning is social? If so, how are technology and the virtualization of learning affecting our ability to learn? What drawbacks have we been suffering? Where can we take better advantage of the affordances technology gives us?
Participants in this session will examine the ways in which social context impacts the learning process. You’ll reflect on case studies of where social context has profoundly affected the motivations and behaviors of learners. Join in the debate as we seek the answer to the question, “Is all learning social?”
In this session, you will learn:
- Why social learning is nothing new
- How we learn from others, with others, and in the presence of others
- How technology is transforming the ways in which we can learn socially, for better and worse
- Your personal answer to the question, “Is all learning social?”
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director, Learning Lab
- Public Education Program Developer
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands