- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Performance Support Comes of Age—But What Happens to Me and My Job?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - April 12, 2013
Allison Rossett & Associates
Performance support is all about solving problems. And with it comes change … sometimes to systems that have been working efficiently, and sometimes to individuals who resist trends. But performance support is here to stay, so it’s up to organizations and learning professionals to use it as effectively as possible. The first step is getting everyone on board.
Fortunately, performance support has a lot to recommend itself. Participants in this session will explore how performance support changes what learning units promise, how it alters what those units deliver, and how it changes our work and our value.
In this session, you will learn:
- To go back to the basics of performance support and learning: how they are the same, how they are different
- To focus on the WHEN of performance support
- To focus on your users and their pressing needs
- That performance support is best as part of a blend—with examples to convince you
- To use what you know about change and technology adoption to respond to performance-support needs
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Instructional Designer
- Training System Administrator
Topeka, Kansas Remote work considered
- Epic Principal Instructional Designer/ Trainer
- Instructional Designer
- Program Development Manager/Instructional Designer