- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning and Support @ the Point of Work
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - April 12, 2013
Human Performance Outfitters
As the economy reawakens, we find that velocity is
continuous, work demand for flawless performance is continuous, the need for
positive business outcomes is continuous, and change is continuous. Why, then,
would any organization support learning and support opportunities that are NOT continuous?
The convergence of learning and support with work has created a new ground zero
for learning, and the point of impact is not in our classrooms or online courses,
but @ the point of work.
Participants in this session will learn how to create an environment that enables seamless, frictionless, and ubiquitous access to the right learning and support assets by the right workers, at their moment of need, in a work-context-friendly volume, in a compelling and readily consumable format, and on the right devices. You’ll examine how, while the traditional ADDIE model handles classroom and online training well, you can use three environmental attributes—space, media, and systems—to reshape your ADDIE use to include downstream, post-training environments. You’ll also explore a discovery framework that goes beyond traditional training needs assessments, and a methodology for mapping your organizations’ learning and support ecosystem edge-to-edge.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use a learning continuum framework that overlays existing training methodologies
- How to design a learning ecosystem roadmap that defines your own edge-to-edge learning and support environment
- How to integrate a holistic discovery methodology to identify ecosystem attributes of space, media, and systems
- How to effectively address learning and support @ the point of work
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer