- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using mLearning in Blended Designs to Create Communities of Practitioners
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - February 22, 2013
Owner & Consultant
Chrouser & Associates
Using mLearning in blended designs solves five distinct issues: (1) professional networking needs blocked by time, space, organizational, and geographical boundaries; (2) reduced travel for professional development programs; (3) inadequate assessment or understanding of learning transfer rates; (4) the learning preferences or needs of a time-strapped audience and the generational shifts; and (5) creating a rich library of distinct learning assets for just-in-time needs for the innovative organization.
Participants in this session will learn in-depth about the innovative use of mLearning in multiple blended designs. These designs allow organizations and associations to create communities of practice so professionals can develop and/or share best practices even when separated by various boundaries. MLearning, by definition, answers the learning needs of time-strapped professionals who need information in easily accessible formats, and as part of a blended program, provides the ability to track learning transfer rates and thus create meaningful return-on-investment data.
In this session, you will learn:
- The components of multiple blended learning designs
- Creative uses of mLearning to assist in tracking transfer of learning rates
- How to implement blended learning to create communities of practice in ways that align with organizational strategy
- About repurposing learning assets for emerging learning gaps
- How to create a learning platform that addresses the learning needs of time-strapped professionals and emerging learning preferences
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island