- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Storyline and the iPad: A Case Study
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Sr. Product Training Specialist
People have talked about mLearning for years … mostly theoretically. But now it’s a reality, so it’s time to talk about what it really takes to make it happen. Designing for a mobile device such as an iPad is different than designing for the desktop, and you must account for those differences in every single phase of a project’s lifecycle.
Participants in this case-study session will examine JLG Industries’ project to present technical product knowledge content on an iPad. In 2012, JLG set out to create JLG University, which, among other things, will help rental companies provide better sales and service to their customers. The rental equipment companies are likely to be mobile: talking to customers on the sales floor, working with a client on-site to determine their needs, or troubleshooting a piece of equipment. Because of this, it was important that these courses are also mobile. In this session, you will learn about the detailed design decisions made to create these courses.
In this session, you will learn:
- What course features do and don’t work on an iPad
- How to design interface and interactive elements that are mobile friendly
- How to work with legacy media that isn’t iPad-compatible (such as Flash animations)
- How to test your courses effectively, even if you don’t have an iPad
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer