- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
A Faster Approach to Mobile Application Development
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - December 7, 2012
Mobile application development coordination is not like Web application development. For every device you want to target there could be a separate developer, and each device has its own specific language, features, and tests. How can you maintain an agile development team in the face of so much specificity? How can you maintain a consistent user experience and so many specific developers? PhoneGap allows you to better handle agile changes, respond to market changes, and meet the needs of your changing customer. PhoneGap allows a single Web developer to produce a consistent mobile application across multiple devices so there is a single code base from which to develop. Your agile development costs decrease because there is only one place to make changes.
Participants in this session will learn how you can test content and presentation for multiple devices with a single script. Learn how you won't have to shell out big bucks for device-specific developers to get a consistent experience across the devices.
In this session, you will learn:
- How PhoneGap really works and is easy to learn
- Ways to save time with a single code base (agile changes or bug fixes)
- How to reduce maintenance cost when changes or fixes have to be deployed
- Cost savings for a consistent look-and-feel across devices
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director, Learning Lab
- Public Education Program Developer
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands