- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How Philips Healthcare Mobilized Learning with Scan Technology
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - September 16, 2011
Many organizations are looking for ways to incorporate QR (Quick Response) codes, Microsoft Tags, and other two-dimensional mobile tagging codes into their eLearning efforts. The Philips Learning Center currently serves over 350,000 allied health professionals, delivering over 650 accredited courses online to meet health professionals’ continuing-education requirements. Philips is currently using QR codes to facilitate learning, and has learned some valuable lessons along the way.
Participants in this session will learn some of the history of tagging codes and how tagging codes, scanning apps, and mobile devices work together. You’ll also brainstorm with your peers about ways your own organization might use tagging codes for eLearning or other purposes.
In this session you will learn:
- About the history of tagging codes
- About two popular codes: QR & Microsoft Tag
- How to create codes/tags
- How to get the right code reader for your device
- How Philips applied scan technology to our website
- How you might use tagging codes in your own organization
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island