- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Proof? We Have Your Proof!
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - August 19, 2011
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Coast Guard
As learning professionals, our organizations expect us to enhance the performance of our workforce. With growing frequency, our leaders have also started asking us to evaluate our programs to assess our solutions’ effectiveness and the value added to the organization. But the plethora of evaluation models and processes can overwhelm our best intentions. How can we effectively select and evolve evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the unique circumstances of each project?
Participants in this case-study session will learn how the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) evaluated performance interventions for the USCG’s newest 418-foot National Security Cutter. Leveraging existing evaluation methods to create a unique approach, a team of performance consultants evaluated not just a single performance intervention, but rather a system of interventions involving numerous job specialties and pay grades. You’ll learn how the team created and executed a systematic and systemic evaluation plan, how the results are streamlining costs and resources, and how their lessons learned can be your cure. You’ll come away from this session with a simple set of questions for guiding your next evaluation project.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the synergic benefits of interweaving the appreciative inquiry, success case, and Kirkpatrick’s program evaluation methods
- About focal points for ensuring a structured and holistic program evaluation approach
- About evaluation results to support the implementation of new performance initiatives
- About lessons learned that are applicable to all levels and scopes of program-evaluation efforts
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner