- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
An Immersive Learning Design Model that Works
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - January 21, 2011
Senior Manager, Learning Technologies
Many teams struggle to consistently create memorable and engaging learning experiences. With constant deadlines and resource constraints, how do you help your training team break free from the perpetual cycle of creating dry e-Learning to bring new life into the design process? We don’t have the time, creativity, or technical resources to create engaging e-Learning … do we? These are the challenges that led Hilton to pioneer an Immersive Learning Design (ISD) model focused on creating engaging learning experiences. Remember, immersive isn’t just for expensive, high-end simulations.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how the ISD model works by seeing practical examples of how to implement it within their organization. The model goes beyond learning objectives to enable creativity and wrap learning in an intentionally designed experience. You’ll learn how the model can help your team overcome constraints in time, technical resources, and creativity. The model forces thinking outside of the typical constraints and unlocks creativity that is actually achievable. Engaging e-Learning should be as enjoyable for your team to create as it is for your audience to take.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design experiences around learning objectives
- How to connect lessons through a storyline
- How to unlock creativity that can realistically be brought to life
- How to maximize resources to create immersive environments
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA