- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Online Events
Beyond Bells and Whistles: Strategies for Creating Great eLearning at Any Budget
Online Events Archive
eLearning on a Shoestring Spotlight 2017 - January 25, 2017
Director of Research
The Learning Guild
Jane Bozarth’s career in L&D has been spent in state government, so working with minimal budgets and resources has always been a challenge. In fact, her master’s thesis was adapted and published in 2005 as her first book, eLearning Solutions on a Shoestring. Through her years of work in the industry, Jane has come up with a major takeaway from successful projects: It isn’t big budgets and expensive tools that are key to developing effective solutions—it’s strategy, processes, and people’s overall approach.
This session will focus on the strategy and processes that can help you make fantastic learning experiences even without a huge budget. You’ll look at approaches that can help you find more effective solutions faster; mindsets that can change how much time and energy you invest in what you create; and ways that free social tools can shift how you share content with your audience.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to approach the “buy vs. build” decision
- How to focus on learner success (reality matters)
- How to recognize “good enough” and when less really is more in your projects
- How overengineering a solution can harm, rather than support, learning
- How new social tools can offer new solutions
Please Note: Handouts available post-event.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner
- Training and Technical Assistance Program Specialist
Washington, DC, United States