- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Webinar Manifesto: Best Practices for Great Virtual Training
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - May 16, 2014
Director of Development
Global General Manager of Digital Learning
Are you tired of attending webinars (virtual classes) with mundane, talking-head PowerPoint presentations and little to no interaction? Whether you are a webinar designer or presenter, we invite you to join us in our movement away from bad webinars and towards excellent ones. We’re against doing things the same way we used to. We’re against working alone in silos. We’re for captivating our audience through eloquent delivery and beautiful design. We’re for making webinars and virtual classrooms a valuable part of a larger learning infrastructure. We’re for amplifying what works and fixing what doesn’t. We’re for synergy and sharing.
Participants in this session will learn directly from the organizers of this movement: two of the industry’s leaders in webinar design and delivery. Join the movement and discover how to ensure your webinar experiences are good ones, ones that support larger efforts within an overall learning infrastructure. Based on their book, The Webinar Manifesto, Matt and Treion will share key insights on some of their Webinar Manifesto principles—principles that you must live by if you want to design and deliver killer webinars.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to leverage your virtual classroom to engage your participants and hold them virtually accountable
- Four ways to effectively make the transition from instructor-led training to webinars
- How to successfully integrate webinars and virtual classrooms into a true blended-learning process over time
- How to crack the feedback code to measure the success of your webinars
Novice-to-intermediate designers, developers, online trainers, and webinar facilitators.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Instructional Designer
- Training System Administrator
Topeka, Kansas Remote work considered
- Epic Principal Instructional Designer/ Trainer
- Instructional Designer
- Program Development Manager/Instructional Designer