- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Adapting Learning Management System Courses to a Mobile Environment
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - May 15, 2014
Much of the training and development curriculum still in use was originally designed for face-to-face delivery. More and more learners worldwide are turning to mobile devices not only for just-in-time learning but also as their primary learning platform. Designers of eLearning need to develop a greater understanding of designing for platforms other than desktops and laptops. This session will add to your knowledge of platform differences and the requirements for using an LMS such as Moodle to design for the mobile platform.
Participants in this session will gain a basic understanding of the differences in platform requirements between devices, ways to optimize content for the limited real estate of mobile devices, and suggestions for streamlining work processes. Designers, developers, and project managers will learn to be better able to develop and deliver content to mobile devices.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify what works and what does not work for individual platforms
- How to optimize curriculum content for specific platforms
- How to streamline work procedures during curriculum-content development
- How to develop content for the Moodle LMS
Novice-to-intermediate designers, developers, and project managers. Basic knowledge of learning-management systems and eLearning design is helpful but not required.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
- LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III (ONBOARDING AND TALENT D
Los Angeles, California
- Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA