- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing Effective Real-time Learning Using an EPSS—The Role of Instructional Designers in PS-driven Solutions
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - February 21, 2014
Workplace Learning & Performance Support
More and more organizations are adopting electronic-performance-support-system (EPSS) solutions to support better worker performance. However, many EPSS implementers fail to recognize the real-time learning opportunities these solutions enable. As with many human-performance-technology-centered (HPT-centered) solutions, organizations often question the value that instructional designers can add to the process. But an updated design methodology combined with fundamental instructional-design skills can produce a powerful learning and support solution driven by an EPSS.
Participants in this session will examine the potential of an EPSS as a powerful, real-time learning mechanism, including research history and conclusions. You’ll review many of today’s EPSS platforms and characteristics, and learn guidelines for designing and measuring the impact of your EPSS-driven learning. You’ll also learn through performance and real-time learning challenges by suggesting solutions using the principles covered in this session.
In this session, you will learn:
- The potential of an EPSS as a powerful, real-time learning mechanism
- A methodology for real-time learning design using an EPSS
- The role of the instructional designer in an EPSS-driven solution
- How to identify formal and informal learning opportunities and expectations in real-time
- How to designing learning tracks using an EPSS
Advanced learning professionals, including designers, developers, project managers, and managers. No specific PS or EPSS knowledge required.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer - Contractor To Hire - New Jersey
- Instructional Designer -Accion
- eLearning Developer
Chevy Chase, MD
- Instructional Designer, GROW
Rockville, MD and Washington, DC (Split)