- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mr. and Ms. ID: Meet Your Production Team—Let’s Talk HTML5
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - January 23, 2014
Today, eLearning modules, games, and simulations need to function on a diverse array of tablets, desktops, laptops, and smartphones. You can enrich your palette of multiplatform design options with a combination of HTML5 and device capabilities such as geolocation, QR code scanning, SMS messaging, and touch interfaces.
Participants in this session will explore some basic design considerations when developing HTML5-based eLearning, and dissect several case examples of hand-built HTML5 vs. eLearning developed with authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline. Learn how to make design and user-interface decisions for HTML5-based eLearning that will help you avoid issues that can degrade the learner experience, create production issues, or in some cases, simply not work.
In this session, you will learn:
- Top eLearning authoring tools that produce HTML5 output
- Limits to eLearning authoring tools and some reasons to “home brew”
- Strategies for using learning-experience templates to design for production
- Learning-user interface considerations for touchscreens
Designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives with some experience in eLearning design, production, or production management.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
King of Prussia, PA
- eLearning & Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist Wanted
Denver, Colorado, USA
- Instructional Designer - Writer
los angeles, ca
- Consultant Sales/Learning Development
Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Learning Experience/Instructional Designer
Long Beach, CA