- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Exploring Cross-platform Tools For Mobile Development: Lessons Learned
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - November 14, 2013
Defense Security Service
Mobile technologies and applications continue to gain traction not only in the commercial environment, but in the military defense environment as well. With the rising popularity and diversity of mobile devices in the workplace and in the field, many organizations need to develop mLearning applications that will work across myriad devices. But what tools should you use for cross-platform mobile development?
As an mLearning developer supporting the US Department of Defense (DoD), Perry helped explore and experiment with various mobile-development techniques for cross-platform mLearning applications. Participants in this session will examine five of the cross-platform development tools he used to create prototype/internal mLearning applications: Adobe AIR, PhoneGap, Titanium SDK, Corona SDK, and Unity 3D. You will explore the pros and cons of each tool, including their viability and practicability within the context of the DoD.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between cross-platform and native mLearning-application development
- The recommended computing setup for cross-platform mLearning-application development
- The pros and cons of Adobe AIR, PhoneGap, Titanium SDK, Corona SDK, and Unity3D
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA