- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Good Media Is Not Actually About Media
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - September 20, 2013
Media—whether it is learning content or rolling news—is merely a tool. And while we have been taught that media is about television or radio or print, it really is about the cognitive models and stories held in our memories. Unless we shift our concepts of message and media, we’ll never fully appreciate the power of mobile learning, which liberates learning professionals from creating mono-media, linear, one-way learning experiences.
Participants in this session will look at what this means for mobile learning and the editorial and production disciplines that learning professionals need to develop to make meaningful mobile learning. Unless we shift our concepts of message and media, we’ll never fully appreciate the power of mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How media communication has changed and what it means for learning media
- The true dynamics of media and how it can be used to reinforce learning
- How to approach mobile from a perspective influenced by trans-media
- Fresh perspectives for mobile learning
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer