There is one event every year where the eLearning industry’s most influential thinkers gather to share and expand on their knowledge—the DevLearn Conference & Expo, coming up Sept. 30 – Oct. 2 in Las Vegas. The two days prior to the conference are devoted to pre-conference events, including workshops led some of the foremost thought leaders in the learning and performance space.
Not everyone can make it to Las Vegas this fall. But The eLearning Guild’s new eBook, 77 Tips on Today’s Hottest Topics from DevLearn Thought Leaders, shares tips from many of the presenters of the Guild’s Pre-conference Certificate Program workshops, offering readers a little taste of DevLearn 2015.
A preview of upcoming workshops
The 16 contributors featured offer tips in the same areas they will be addressing in depth in their pre-conference workshops. The hints they share in the eBook range from the benefits of using an iterative approach for projects to the importance of taking learners’ mistakes into consideration when designing practice.
- Sharon Boller on Common Game Design Mistakes
- Melissa Chambers on Design for the Virtual Classroom
- Julie Dirksen on Human Behavior
- David Ferguson on Job Aids
- Karen Hyder on the Uniqueness of the Virtual Classroom
- Pooja Jaisingh on eLearning Design
- Karl Kapp on Developing Learning Games
- Mark Lassoff on Using Story and Characters in Learning Games
- Connie Malamed on Visual Design
- Koreen Pagano on Learning Metrics
- Clark Quinn on Cognition and How the Brain Learns
- Kirsten Rourke on Adobe Creative Cloud
- Lou Russell on Project Management
- Kevin Siegel on Adobe Captivate
- Tim Slade on eLearning 101
- Megan Torrance on Agile Project Management and Using Humor in eLearning
Download 77 Tips on Today’s Hottest Topics from DevLearn Thought Leaders today.