- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Turning your SMEs into Savvy Content Developers
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - July 27, 2012
World Trade Training Manager
Mentor Graphics Corporation
The information our employees and customers require lies with our SMEs, who may have little to no content-creation or presentation skills, and who often lack the time, motivation, and confidence to share their knowledge. Learning professionals — with potentially dozens of topics, time constraints, and limited budgets — are hard pressed to gather this information from SMEs to develop effective content. Managing and updating content with the ever-increasing speed of product development also creates a challenge. By educating your SMEs, implementing easy-to-use tools, providing support, and explaining the benefits of participating in the learning-development process, learning professionals can focus on managing and promoting the training content.
Participants in this session will see eLearning and video examples. These real-world examples document the construction of a robust training offering of SME-generated content in a manner that is flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. You’ll learn how to select tools for turning your SMEs into content developers, including eLearning development, webinars, and digital-video capture with video-conferencing equipment (webcams, even smartphones).
In this session, you will learn:
- How to motivate your SMEs by showing them “what's in it for them”
- The importance of teaching SMEs the basics of instructional design
- The range of tools for rapid content development and how to build a suite of appropriate tools
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA