- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
eBook Publication for Training
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - September 15, 2011
Senior Learning Specialist
American Electric Power
One of the hottest topics in personal technology today is eBooks and eReaders; Amazon.com now reports selling more eBooks than traditional printed books. How can we apply eBook technology effectively to workplace training? Training groups have long published user guides and training manuals, but now that we have eBooks, how can we change the way we design and distribute book content?
Participants in this session will learn about the advantages of using eBooks as a method for delivering reference material and information to learners. You’ll learn about the workflow for publishing your own eBooks, as well as about some low-cost and free tools for eBook creation. You might not realize it, but you probably already have the skill set needed to produce eBooks; you just need to learn how to adapt eBook production within your organization.
In this session you will learn:
- How you can use eBooks to deliver learning content in your organization
- About available eReader hardware
- About competing eBook file formats
- The anatomy of the ePub format
- About the eBook creation workflow
- How to publish and distribute eBooks using low-cost and free tools
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
- LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III (ONBOARDING AND TALENT D
Los Angeles, California
- Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA