- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Manager Engagement and Informal Learning Measurement Approaches
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - August 18, 2011
Director, Solutions Engineering
Two emerging issues have the potential to transform workplace learning and development: manager engagement and informal learning. Manager engagement entails ensuring that learners’ managers understand the manager’s role in supporting learners on the job. Informal learning describes knowledge transfer that occurs without the assistance of a structured curriculum. Organizations now find they need to measure both manager engagement and informal learning to effectively manage these emerging areas, validate their investments, and create sustainable change.
Participants in this session will learn more about manager engagement and informal learning and techniques for measuring these emerging areas.
In this session you will learn:
- Best practices for measuring manager engagement in your organization
- How to apply research data on informal learning to assess the state of informal learning in your organization
- Approaches for measuring informal learning effectiveness and quality
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island