- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
eLearning Makeovers: Nip and Tuck Your Slides Using the Five-point Makeover Process
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - December 13, 2013
Director, Customer Training
Are you concerned about pesky imperfections lingering in your eLearning courses? Hasty development, subject matter expert (SME) neglect, and prolonged learning management system (LMS) exposure are just a few of the reasons designers put their courses under the knife.
The good news is that you have a number of less-invasive options available that don’t require full-course reconstruction. Cosmetic changes such as graphic peels, slide reshaping, text reduction, and test augmentation are just a few ways to revitalize your slides and boost your course esteem. Using a simple yet powerful process, participants in this session will learn a proven method for visually copyediting your slides to improve the format, style, and accuracy of your slide designs.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify the five design elements in every slide
- How to apply the Five-point Makeover Process to any slide—PowerPoint or eLearning
- How to create a visual style guide for your own eLearning slides and presentations
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Instructional Designer
- Training System Administrator
Topeka, Kansas Remote work considered
- Epic Principal Instructional Designer/ Trainer
- Instructional Designer
- Program Development Manager/Instructional Designer