- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Design to Evoke Emotion: Animated Learning Environments for Accountants
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2013 - December 13, 2013
Senior Manager of Instructional Systems Design
What role does emotion and intrigue have on adult learners? The economic damages, job loss, lawsuits, and potential prison time resulting from corporate fraud generate a wide array of emotions and intrigue. Training modules for this specialized area of accounting should as well.
Participants in this session will explore the innovative approach the AICPA used to design engaging learning environments that arouse learner curiosity through dramatic scenario-based learning. These animated learning environments, part of the AICPA’s Forensic Accounting Educational Certificate Program, consist of 2-D and 3-D multimedia elements that simultaneously grab learners’ attention while providing an engaging layer of learning relevance. Examine the design strategy for this certificate program and discover ways you can design courses that put your learners on the edge of their seats.
In this session, you will learn:
- Creative approaches for tapping the emotional resonance of your learners
- Why the ARCS model for motivation design works for adult learners, if executed appropriately
- The advantage of mixing multimedia elements with standard template functionalities
- What can intrigue learners and what can make them sigh in disappointment
- How to tie together a variety of course components for memorable learning experiences
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library