|Complete and submit the 2023 Learning Guild Online Events Presenter Agreement.
|Your speaker coach is here to help you! You will receive an email introducing you to your speaker coach/host. Please schedule your first meeting with your coach/host where you will discuss your presentation and the coach/host will familiarize you with the technology and requirements.
- Online Events use primarily Voice-over-IP audio (not a conference call).
- Please use the best microphone available to you. Quality matters!
- Please use a wired connection to the internet.
- Please use a good quality computer.
|Due by first
|Your 200 – 250 word session description will be available from the event page. This description includes:
- One paragraph that describes the issue you will discuss
- One paragraph that describes how your session will address that issue
- 3 – 6 short objectives that complete the phrase: “In this session, you will learn:”
- Your 50 – 100 word biography will be posted on the website. We developed this bio from the information you provided.
- This bio can include information about you, your education, your experience, or your interesting projects.
- Your bio should not list your company’s products or services.
- If you need to make edits to your bio, please send your updates to Karyn Gleeson as soon as possible.
Please review now
- If we do not have a current photo of you already, please email Karyn Gleeson your photo in jpg, gif, or png format. We will use this both for the website and intro slides.
- Name the file Lastname_Firstname.jpg (or .gif or .png). For example, Smith_Mary.jpg.
- Please learn about Airmeet's technical requirements. You will be screen sharing, and there is no application to download, the platform is browser based and it is necessary to use Chrome.
Please review the technical requirements document now
|Work with your speaker coach:
Most speakers, even seasoned professionals, may require two to three 30 – 60 minute sessions to finalize the session and technical details.
- Schedule your one-on-one prep time with your coach to prepare for your online session.
- Your technical set-up is crucial and will require a wired internet connection, a good quality microphone, and a quiet place from which to present.
- Review presentation materials, create polls, test audio and video in Zoom.
- Because speakers have varying skills and needs, the amount of prep time will vary.
- Leverage Guild publications, research reports, and other curated content that you might find helpful for your presentation.
Subsequent prep dates determined by you and the speaker coach
- Please provide a handout to be used by attendees.
- Email all handout materials to Karyn Gleeson.
- Handouts can simply be your PPT slides or you can post job aids, sample files, worksheets, and so on.
- Please embed all the fonts in your documents, before you send them, to ensure the documents appear as you wish for everyone.
- Name the file using the event code, session number, your last name, and file version. For example, OLC2304_201_Smith_V1.doc.
- We will format your handouts with a cover page and convert your files to PDF (unless you specify otherwise); and post your handouts on the Event Resource Page and in our Online Events Archive.
|Due by Monday,
- Schedule a time for your final prep session with your coach by this date.
- Ensure all equipment and files look and behave properly.
- Confirm roles and responsibilities for all activities and tasks.
- Name the file with your slides using the event code, session number, your last name, and file version. For example, OLC2304_201_Smith_V1.ppt.
|Due by Tuesday,
- Email to your coach final versions of all presentation files (slides, samples, and demos).
Email your handout materials to Karyn Gleeson
|Due by Monday,
- Your coach will finalize the session setup to ensure that all configurations are current, and polls are properly set for your session.
- Log in to test your audio and Internet connection from the location and computer you’ll present from on the day.
- You may also schedule a final walk-through of content and/or technical steps.
|NOTE: Your login will give you access to the Airmeet platform for all the sessions.
- Join YOUR session at least 30 minutes before start time, or as agreed upon with your coach/host.
- Your speaker coach/host will log in with you to test your audio and answer any last-minute questions.
- Have fun presenting!