313 Case Study: Training Solution Evolution at VTNZ
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Wednesday, October 23
Management and Strategy
From faxed questionnaires to mailed DVDs, training solutions have evolved over time. How do you work within a limited environment but still innovate? How do you get buy-in from your organization when technology keeps evolving, but you feel like your organization's training is lightyears behind? What's the best way to manage change so the focus stays on the training? And, how do you evolve your learning management system as your learning needs change over time?
In this session, we will discuss the training solution evolution of Vehicle Testing New Zealand (VTNZ), the market leader vehicle inspections across New Zealand. Kelvin Hylton will discuss his key learnings that have helped VTNZ keep its technology sharp over the years, managing a mix of face-to-face and eLearning, and managing change without overwhelming staff.
In this session, you will learn:
- Applied learning methodology
- Assessing your current learning environment
- Creating a flexible strategic direction for learning & development digitization
- Trial and error - what to look for with certain learning technology solutions
- Ensuring change is a positive within the organization by creating a minimum viable product for your learning platform
- Agile integration
- How to gain buy-in from learners and setting the right pace
- Identifying future opportunities
- Working with IT on your side
Managers, senior leaders, technical training managers, LMS administrators
Moodle LMS, Totara Cloud, Totara Learn
Technical Training Manager
Kelvin Hylton is the technical training manager at the Vehicle Testing New Zealand (VTNZ) support office. He has over 22 years’ experience in Workbased Learning, Tertiary Education, Assessment/Moderation and Strategic Management. He been with VTNZ for over 15 years and has worked in various operational roles. Kelvin was heavily involved in the major reconstruction of how learning is communicated across the organization and has been the key driver to the Learning Centers’ success.